WORKING WITH US
WHAT TO EXPECT & HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FLOORING & WINDOW COVERING INSTALLATION
Before your purchase, Vertex Flooring will send a professional estimator to your home for a field measure. The estimator will determine exactly how much flooring or window coverings you need to buy. They will decide the direction of the flooring, pattern matches and how to minimize waste. All material is ordered with a 10% overage to allow for breakage and damaged product. The estimator will give this information to the sales person and an estimate will be generated. The estimate will include all material for your project. Labor will be included if Vertex Flooring is to do the installation. When you approve and sign the estimate, we will get a schedule date from our installers and lead time for the materials. When this is approved Vertex Flooring will require a 50% deposit.
THINGS YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE THE INSTALLERS GET THERE
1. Remove all breakables, all small items, dresser drawers, bedding from the beds, computers, TV’s and stereos. Our installers will help you move larger items that don’t require more than two men, at an additional charge, with no liability for any damage as their insurance only covers their trade and they are not professional furniture movers. It is your responsibility to have pianos, pool tables, aquariums, family heirlooms and very large items moved before the installers arrive. We are not qualified to remove and re-install large appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, washers and dryers. Water disconnect and connect of water and electricity is your responsibility. Vertex Flooring works closely with other tradesmen and will be happy to give you a list of our tradesmen for any additional work you may need. If rooms are not ready, the installers may add a trip charge to your bill.
2. Some doors may need to be trimmed to accommodate the new thickness of the flooring. If this is needed, it is your responsibility to have the doors cut and re-hung. Vertex Flooring can recommend a carpenter.
3. It may be necessary to remove and reattach molding during installation. These moldings can be fragile and breakage, scratches, or nicks are possible. Our installers are careful to avoid these issues but you are responsible for replacement and touchups.
4. Some flooring and tile installation such as removal and re-install of sinks, toilets, shower valves, drains and dish washers require a plumber. This needs to be done by a Colorado Licensed Plumber. Vertex Flooring will be happy to recommend a qualified plumber.
5. The method of removal of your existing flooring will be decided at the time of the estimate. Our installers charge for this service and will haul away all trash. If it is a large job a trash service may be required and additional costs will be incurred which will be included in the estimate. After removal of old flooring the subfloor will need to be inspected for any damage. If damage is found at this time you will need to approve any additional charges for repairing the subfloor. Our installers will not install any product over a damaged subfloor as this cancels the manufacturer’s warranty.
6. There will be dust. We recommend that you cover as much as you can. The installers charge for this extra service.
7. If you are doing window coverings, please make sure there is nothing blocking the windows so the installer can set up his ladders.
8. Wall removal needs to be done by a general contractor. Vertex Flooring can help in finding a contractor. Contractors will bill customer direct and do not work for Vertex Flooring.
9. Make sure that all pets are locked up before installers arrive. Doors will need to be propped open to bring in materials and we do not want one of your pets to get out.
Our installers need a place to set up their equipment. (A garage if the weather is bad.) They will use the driveway when possible but they need water for tile and electricity for some of their tools.
ALL OF OUR INSTALLERS ARE PROFESSIONALS WITH A MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE AND THEY ARE ALL INSURED. THEY WILL HELP IN ANY WAY TO MAKE THIS PROJECT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE.
The first day of your project is the removal of the old flooring, inspection of the subfloor for any damage, prep subfloor and begin installation. Most carpet jobs of 80 yards or less can be completed in one day. Wood jobs with 200 square feet or less usually only take one day. All tile jobs will take at least two days. We install on the first day and grout the second day. When the installers bring out your material, please examine it to make sure it is what you ordered. We check every order before it goes out with the installer, but mistakes can happen.
Tile floors require underlayment over the subfloor. All shower walls and pans will be a Schluter product to avoid leaking and mold growth. Our grout is a high strength high quality Prism. It is recommended to seal your grout five days after installation. If you would like our installers to do this, please let us know at the time of the estimate.
Granite counter tops are installed by licensed installers. The fabrication is not done at Vertex Flooring and is purchased from fabricators in the area. Old tops will be removed by the granite installers or Vertex Flooring. In some cases the old tops are difficult to remove and some damage may occur. If this cannot be avoided the installers or Vertex Flooring are not liable for repairs.
Non stocking inventory special orders that cannot be returned to the vendor is the property of the customer. If the material can be returned, there is a 25% restocking fee charged to us by the vendor.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VERTEX FLOORING AND DESIGN
Linda Crain Co-owner
Glenn Veenendaal Co-owner
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT TO EXPECT & HOW TO PREPARE.